This page is dedicated to those who made this archive a reality and to
their sources. You will find a listing of all the contributors who deserve
to be credited and what they contributed to this site. If you are not
mentioned (and have contributed something) and wish to be included in the list
or you are already mentioned but have since contributed other things for which
you deserve credit please notify Thomas Esamie at the address shown in the
Here is a list of what you can find here :
I trust you enjoy all the site has to offer and appreciate the work that
went into its creation and continued growth.
People who have contributed
Gratitude and thanks to (in alphabetical order) :
- Iskander Ayari
- Australia v France 1994
- Eric Bates
- Australia v USA 1992
- Yaniv Bleicher
- Matches involving Israel
- Eddie Boards
- Supplying information on Northern NSW leagues
- Doug Butcher
- Supplying information on Socceroos matches, working on historical records,
cross checking and verifying lineups and results, generally getting his hands dirty.
- Jean-Michel Cazal
- All Socceroo and some opposing lineups from the year dot.
- Kevin Christopher
- Editor of Studs Up, Socceroo and NSL information
- Alan Clark
- Match reports for NSL matches and Internationals held in Melbourne
- David Cooper
- NSWSF Media manager who supplied official NSWSF tables
- Gareth Cooper
- Australians Overseas (Doug Hodgson)
- Steve Darby
- Womens Internationals Data
- Damian Davies
- Australians Overseas list
- Chris Dunkerley
- Supply of ABSW newspapers to archivists
- Thomas Esamie
- Socceroos, WYC 93, Australians overseas, scanning of images,
Match reports, VRML stadium, general formatting, various Stateleague info,
recent NSL matches
- Tim Fisher
- Australia v England 1980 & 83
- Alan Garside Jnr.
- Much Information from the 1950's from his fathers archives and research
of that era.
- Peter Georgaras
- South Australian Youth and State League results, Womens matches
- Russell Gerrard
- Australia v England 1981, general Socceroo issues
- Guy Gersbach
- Western Australia results
- Nick Guoth
- Various National League data & Womens internationals
- Stephen Halchuk
- Australia v Canada 1924
- Matthew Hall
- supplying official Soccer Australia Media Releases
- Roy Hay
- Victorian Youth League and State league information.
- Andrew Howe
- almost all NSL info, NSW Stateleague info, NSL Clubs
Histories and info, Socceroos data
- David Hughes
- Tasmania results
- John Kellett
- WA results and tables
- Ian King
- 1989 NSL Playoff information
- Andre Kruger
- Australian matches against German opponents, Matildas matches
- Andrei Libin
- Former Soviet teams info
- Lance Librandi
- Japanese club tour results
- Peter Miller
- Northern NSW results
- Searlais Mullen
- Western Australian information including Perth Glory
- Ross Musso
- Australians Overseas (various)
- Wayne Orrell
- For allowing us to rifle through his personal library.
- Tony Persoglia
- For his major contributions to the Player and Club information areas
of the site.
- John Punshon
- Source for data verification for NSL and Socceroos, Victorian Stateleague
- Andrzej Potocki
- 1979 Wisla match v Socceroos
- Diane Purdue
- Australians Overseas (Nicholas Purdue)
- Frank Scicluna
- Supplying Socceroo and youth international lineups
- Barry Smith
- Joeys matches from 1995 Oceania Championship
- Damien Smith
- Information on various games
- Peter Smith
- NSW Stateleague and Cup information
- Greg Stock
- Socceroos, most of the Stateleague info, most Youth (NYL, U20 etc) game
results international & local, general formatting
- Karel Stokkermans
- various international matches
- ...and our former Socceroos who have been very supportive
- Joe Marston, Ron Lord, Andy Henderson, Billy Henderson, Alan Garside Snr
Publications and other sources we have drawn from
In no particular order
- "My Beloved Socceroos - The Frank Arok Story",
Robert Lusetich, ABC Books 1992, ISBN 0 7333 0192 4
Used for International lineups and results by Thomas Esamie
- "The Encyclopaedia of Australian Soccer 1922-88",
G. E. Scerris
various information used by Greg Stock
- "An Association with Soccer (The NZFA celebrates its first
100 years)", published in 1991 by the NZFA for its centennial
Used for New Zealand player names used by Jean-Michel Cazal
- "New Zealand 1904-1994 (International The Line-ups & statistics
series)" by Michael Robinson
used for New Zealand lineups by Jean-Michel Cazal.
- GOAL, a Greek book written by Andrea Bomi (1984)
Used by Jean-Michel Cazal for the Greece v Australia matches
- "Triunfos y tristezas del equipo tricolor (Historia de la
seleccion mexicana de futbol (1923-1995)" by Roberto Garcia and Francisco
used by Jean-Michel Cazal for 1970 Mexico v Australia match
- Fakta Z historie Ceskoslovenskeho, a Czech publication,
used by Jean-Michel Cazal for 1980 Czechoslovakia v Australia matches
- Igry sbornoy SSSR po futbolu. Spravochnik (1952-1988), published
by Soviet Sports
used by Andrei Libin for Australia v Soviet teams in that timeframe
- Peter Desira's statistics as they appeared in the 1989 Australian
Soccer Annual, kindly supplied by Andrew Howe.
Used for International lineups and results by Andrew Howe and Thomas Esamie
- SBS World Soccer Annual 1991-92, Vol 1 Number 1 (magazine)
Used for Australian full internationals from late 1990 to 1991 by Thomas
- The Sydney Morning Herald, Thursday October 28, 1993, page 46.
Used for International results by Thomas Esamie
- Various Match Programmes
Used for results of all descriptions
- Official FIFA reports
Used by Jean-Michel Cazal for various international matches
- Studs-Up, Australian Soccer Fanzine, various issues
Used and abused for a lot of stuff
- The Sydney Morning Herald, various editions
Used for many results
- Australian and British Soccer Weekly, various editions
Used for NSL and International results and lineups as well as Stateleague
information and the occasional picture.
- World Soccer - english publication, various editions
used by Jean-Michel Cazal and Thomas Esamie for various matches
- L'Equipe and France Football, various editions
Used by Jean-Michel Cazal
- La Celeste (1901-1991) by Javier Sandoval
used by Jean-Michel Cazal for the 1974 Uruguay-Australia match
- SBS-TV broadcasts
Utilised for lineups and the source for many a match report.
- Soccer Action Magazine 1985
Various information used by Greg Stock
- Soccer World Magazine 1959-81
- Super Soccer Magazine
For details of the NSW Superleague and lower divisions used by Greg Stock
- Soccer Australia Magazine
Used for player information and most of the images (used with permission)
on the site.
- The 1994/95 and 96/97 ASF club profile promotional kits
Used for Club information and Player details used by Thomas Esamie
- 1994 Futera Sports cards
Used for Player information used by Thomas Esamie
What is this archive?
The OzFootball site was created in March 1995, at the instigation of
Greg Baxter who had designed and built a website and then enlisted the help
of Thomas Esamie and the data which Thomas had collected and was posting
to the rec.sport.soccer newsgroup. The site became a focus for fans
of Australian Football and was fortunate to receive support from other
people willing to contribute time and data, these people are given
credit for their work where possible. Andrew Howe, John Punshon, Greg Stock,
Roy Hay... the list of contributors too long to list in full. We used to
host a mailing list in conjunction with this site, nowadays there is a
seperate list here which
fulfils the need quite well. Check it out.
In all this time OzFootball has been by the fans, for the fans. Not a cent
is made by any of the OzFootball members, infact their efforts cost much
time and money to them personally and are done in the interest of chronicling
the game generally and here in Australia in particular.
OzFootball is not an official site of any club, organisation or company, we
speak for nobody but ourselves, and you. If you wish to submit a match report
or have something you feel would make a positive contribution to the site
we would welcome your input.
What is being done in the archive?
The OzFootball archive is constantly growing, it is not always clear where and
when things are happening and this is why this section exists to inform you
of where current efforts are being concentrated.
Greg Stock is concentrating his efforts on the history of the NSW State
Federation and is contributing some of the more obscure matches played in
Australia such as club tours, pre-season friendlies. He also has made the
Club and Player sections pretty much his own.
John Punshon has worked tirelessly to basically bring more data on Victorian
Football to this site than anybody knew existed and as also found time to
augment and check most of the NSL and Socceroo data we have.
Andrew Howe was the spark of rejuvination when Greg Baxter and Thomas Esamie
started finding the going a little tough. He contributed vast amounts of NSL
data to the archive and much more besides. These days he's spending less time
on the site and more on his 2 day jobs and raising his Football themed children.
Thomas Esamie is principally concerned with making sure the site is backed
up and keeping the Socceroo and NSL sections up to date from here on. Currently
he is trying to improve the look and navigability of the site (and desperately
hoping navigability is a real word) and tidying up the site in general.
Thomas is also trying to find the time to incorporate more of the Womens
game from various sources.
Tony Persoglia is busy collating a database of players to suplement the efforts
of Greg Stock, the results of which are the Australian Player Database. Tony's
efforts are largely focused on creating a complete archive of Australians who
have played overseas, not to mention player appearance records for the top
divisions in Victoria and South Australia from 1991 onwards.
Finally Greg Baxter, who started the whole thing off, has been caught up
in real life and works hard, consequently he has little time to work on
the site which means the 'front-end' suffers a little, well.. a lot since there
really isn't a front end anymore.